Posted by: ABC | 2009-02-06

Help - what now?

On Thursday afternoon I reached an all time low. I phoned my psychologist and went to see her. After telling her that I felt suicidl, she went with me to my gp. Together they decided that I was to be admitted (against my will). They phoned my husband and he brought me to the " hospital" . Now I' m here. saw the psychiatrist this morning. He prescribed meds, haven' t received them yet. And I STILL feel like jumping from the roof.

Dear ABC,
Sorry to hear that you are still feeling so desperate, but it sounds as though wise decisions were made by those who care about you. Don't jump off anything, or otherwise harm yourself. Give everything a chance to be helpful. I understand that at this stage it all seems unlikely, as the gloom created by the chemistry of depression both magnifies your sadness and pessimism, and adjusts your brain, unhelpfully, towards ignoring everything positive. Work with your psychiatrist and others, take the medicines correctly and give them some time to work ( you mmay feel benefits within days, but it needs 2 weeks or more for them to exert their full effects ) and give yourself and your loved ones the good chance which you so much deserve.
I'm hoping we will soon be hearing further from you just as frankly, but more positively, as the recovery begins.

Posted by: interesting | 2009-02-08

are you in a mental institiution?

which one is it? (if you mind me asking) i didnt realise psychiatrict patients had internet access while sucicidal!!!

Reply to interesting