Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2010/03/17

Help - thyroid

Dear Doc,

I have been diagnoised with having an under active thyroid over the last 6 months - I am currently taking Eltroxin 0.1mg a day. So far the last 2 follow up blood tests have revealed that my thyroid condition normalised. I have not picked up any weight since then as well. Prior to my diagnosis I used to get very severe PMS symtoms that lasted for about 3 weeks a time, I was alos very depressed. I used to take all sorts of vitamins and found that nothing help, thats why I had a blood test done and found out I have an under-active thyroid condition. Now, However I have found that a week before my period I have normal bad PMS symtoms and one of which is the extreme tiredness. Another thing is that since December I have found I am losing lots of hair. I am very concerned. I do feel a little better since I am Eltroxin. I have a fairly hectic lifestyle and I am studying as well. Is there any vitamin I can take in conjuction with my thyroid condition to assist with my overall wellbeing, the tirednesand most definately with the hairloss. Please your advice would be much appreciated.

Hallo Lulu
The hairloss could be the aftermath of the hormone imbalance and will probably get better with time. Try putting Bergamot essence (Lennon) in your shampoo (the whole bottle in a bottle of shampoo) and try a multivitamin like Nu-hair. Try 50 mg vit B6 and calcium supplement per day in the week before your menstruation,and try Biral herbal tablets if you are very irritated and stressed.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/17

Hallo Lulu

Reply to cyberdoc