Question
Posted by: Jen | 2011-01-28

Help required

My husband is filing for divorce. He refuses to speak to me regarding a settlement. We have a 17 year old child which he pays no maintenace for. He currently only pays for the car I use and the bond insurance. Everything else I pay for school fees bond etc. He use to pay the bond which he signed surety on.
He is going to summon me directly to court. Can he leave me destitute, take away the car the house and all financial aid.IE maintenance for my child which he refuses to pay. I cannot afford a lawyer and earn to much for legal aid so I would have to defend this myself. How do i do this and what rights do I have if any.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I suggest that you consult an attorney and file an application for interim maintenance pending the finalisation of the divorce.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

2
Posted by: Anon | 2011-02-03

She said she cant afford a lawyer.
Gee thanks, that really helped !

Posted by: family law expert | 2011-01-29

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert