Posted by: Anon | 2008-12-22

Help really worried

Hi doc

Am 33 weeks pregnant and i have just found out that am hiv+, am waiting on my medical aid for medication and my gynae said i can get them on the 5th of worry is, wont it be too late then? what can i use in the meantime to help the situation? or is there anywhere else i can get the treatmentor is there some other medication i can take so long? cd count is 934 and the T cell is 1772, i really dont know much of what that mean but i know they look at that when giving medicaton, please advise doc..

Dear Anon
You can wait until the 5th of Jan, your CD count is still high enough and I don't think you should take any other unneccesary medication while pregnant.