Question
Posted by: shasha | 2010/02/15

help pls urgent

dear doc i am 100kg overweight and i need to start lossing weight for obvious reasons please assistt me by telling me how much calories i should take a day and how much i should lose a day if i want to lose 1kg weekly.basicaly advise me on what i should start doing to lose calories.on a daily basis eg what kind of exercises and foods should i start on.

Hi Shasha

Good for you for making the commitment. What I am going to suggest is that you need to see a dietician about this,and also get medical clearance before you even consider exercise. The reason is that you have 100kg to lose - this means that there are without doubt some health risks and your programme (diet and exercise) must be carefully managed in order to be effective.

So while I hate to pass the buck, it's vital that you se a doctor and get cleared, and then tackle the exercise and diet with the expert advice of a physical trainer and a dietician.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/02/23

Hi Shasha

Reply to fitnessdoc