Posted by: Es | 2009-04-07

Help pls

I hope you can shed some light. My last menstrual cycle started on the 2nd of Feb 2009 and since then I have not had a cycle again.

I took a pregnancy test on the 7th of March and it was negative. I have always had normal cycles. They start and end same time always. They are heavy and I have lots of pain.

I’  m 33 years old, not under stress and have not started any new medicine treatments. I have had twins in 2000.

Can you please help me find the cause of why I have not had my cycle in almost 10 weeks? I am tired and sleepy, I also have had numerous nausea. My breast does not hurt and I don’  t have a increase on my virginal discharge. Thanks

Dear Es
I think you should see your doctor for an examination - you may have something like an ovarian cyst or another cause for the skipped period like hormonal imbalance ( thyroid/esterogen) What contraceptive do you use?

Like the above individuel I also started to skip my period. I have the merina in for 8 months now. My period never changed. Until now. The doctor said that on a sonar it looks like its preparing for period or Im pregnant. There are now pregnancy test availible also no bloodtest for pregnancy. Colestrol and full blood count was done. Perfect. I had problems with tromboses, in my calfs, in the past of high estrogen. I can not test itself but full bloodcount looked good. Im getting cramps in my calf and has a swollen stomic. What do you think. The meriena is still there.

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2009-04-08

Hi Es
I think you should at least let them test your thyroid hormones and maybe ask for a sonar of the ovaries

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Es | 2009-04-08

I don t use any. My husband had a visectomy so we don' t need any contraceptives.

Reply to Es