Question
Posted by: pk | 2008/08/27

help pls.

hey, i have been together with this girl and she has been diagnosed with bi-polar, ive always been there for her even just when we started dating and she thought she was pregnant with hes ex s child i stayd by her side... im very jelous and didnt trust her a bit csue she is very inpulsive decider and im more structured so she gets weird ideas and suddenly decides to do something and i always thought there is an agenda behind this, she sayd its better to let our paths move in diffrent directions but she said its not over forever i just need to sort my life out with this jelousy thing and im doing that, i seeing the same psych she is and another one as well, our personalities are just a bit diffrent but its something that we can work out, now shes busy with exams and started on new medications and nothing i do its correct and her mother says as well that she is very upset and bombastic about everything,at this moment im not even trying to get back to her and sms or call her, the psyc wants to see us both but now she doesnt want to do it but earlier when our relationship was good she suggested this to her psych but her psyc said its not gona help casue she doesnt know me and now that she knows me my ex doesnt want to go with me, she very stressed with matric exams and now all this and i understand she has alot on her plate,but i need to get this girl back whats the best ? sit back and give her time to relax and start thinking straight and wait for an reply or something from her side and if that doesnt happen then i know she doesnt want to be with me ?? her psych is seeing her tommrow and she said she will see what she can help us both with and maybe friday we will be both seeing her i hope so, i really want to work on this... dunno if u can mention somehting???

Some people are just more impulsive and less thoughtful than others. But ANYBODY in a manic phase of a Bipola Disorder is VERY impulsive and thoughtless. It sounds needlessly complex for you to be seeing TWO psychologists, including one who also sees her. Her own shrink needs to work to help her regain control of the bipolar disorder, and encourage her to be sensible about this or any other relationship. DO discuss these issues with the shrink you share, and of course, if you have sessions together, they wouldn't be useful unless you mention matters that trouble you.