Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/26

Help pleast

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder about 6 years ago. I was on medication but it became too expensive for me as I was not on a medical aid. Lately I have been having mood swings and horrible thoughts of suicide. Should I go back onto medication and I don' t know what doctor to go see anymore either.

Expert ImageArchive

Psychologist:
It is important that you go back on medication asap. You can always go to a public clinic or hospital if you cannot afford medication. Go and see your GP or the doctor who prescribed the meds in the past. You also need to see a therapist to teach you how to manage your moods.
Take care
Suzette