Question
Posted by: Mashudu | 2012-05-11

Help please

Hi im 22 and im hlv+ I only slept with 3 different woman and during that period I used a condom so right im so confused I dnt knw where did I got that disease pls help me whats the way forward when my life is like.

There are several ways one could become HIV+ and unprotected sexual intercourse is one of the ways – exposure to infected blood and exposure to open wounds of a person that is HIV+ is another. The main focus point in terms of you and your life forward should not be where you got it but how you should look after yourself from now on – medication; protective behavior, etc. Educate yourself about the virus; speak to professionals with knowledge and ask questions to make sure that you understand what you are up to. With the medication available today there is no reason why you should not be able to live a healthy and fulfilled life. This is not at all a death sentence.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012-05-14

Reply to Sexologist