Question

Help please

Can anyone tell me what Trepeline is for. I got some from a pharmacy (they don''t ask for a script) but what I asked for was for a sleeping tablet. I took 4 thinking that I''m going to have a great nights sleep, but I didn''t. They made me very confused AND I had been drinking.
So I''ve still got some but wonder if I shouldn''t just throw them away. I have posted to the Pharmacist but he has not replied.

It is one o the older antidepressants. The pharmacy wich gave it to you without a script is highly didgy and acting possibl criminally, as it requires a prescription. They should probably be reported to the police if they are providing prescription-only drugs without prescription, and are not to be trusted. They are not sleeping tablets, though they often make people sleepy as a side-effect. But not immediately. The combine dangerously with alcohol. Throw them away only if you can do so safely, and never go to that highly irresponsible and dangerous pharmacy again.
See a GP or a local clinic for an assessment, and safe sleeping meds if those are even needed.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011/04/04

Trepiline is a schedule 5 drug, there is no way the pharmacy should have given it to you without a script. It is an antidepressant and has a sedating effect which is why it is often prescribed for people who have difficulty sleeping.

Reply to Maria