Question
Posted by: Lavender | 2011/02/07

Help Please!

I get a red nervous " rash"  (not itchy) on my neck almost daily when I''m nervous, anxious, confronted, shy or even sometimes exieted. I''t been like this for a few years now and its ruining my life!!! I''m getting married in Dec and really wish there is a " cure"  out there for this before then... Please is there anything that can be done!!!???

Please I don''t know what to do anymore it''s soooo embarrasing...

An allergic rash tends almost automatically to be itchy. What you seem to be describing might look like a rash, but could well be more of a temporary reddish mottling that some people develop in areas like the neck, when they get nervous. The good news is that it is not permanent, and should go away with proper management. What would be best would be to see a psychologist offering counselling like CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to help you learn to control this nervousness, and thereby control the blotching.
Its easy to get into a vicious cycle, whereby there might be slight mottling one time when you're very nervous about something - maybe other people wouldn't even notice it, but you do. This in turn makes you worry about it, and get anxious, fearing it will turn up again next time you're feeling nervous - and of course this makes it more likely to happen, and so on. Fortunately, CBT can help to unwind all that, and let the mottling fade, so you can be a marvellously unmottled bride !

5
Posted by: Lavender | 2011/02/09

Thanks two stone I will definetly try it... otherwise I could just hope for the best!!

Reply to Lavender
Posted by: TWO-STONE | 2011/02/09

Sorry for the delay - been away! Zyrtec pills. Hope this helps!!

Reply to TWO-STONE
Posted by: Lavender | 2011/02/08

Hi Two.stone

I don''t think it''s got anything to do with jewelry in my case. It only happens when I''m hot, shy ,nervous, confronted and it appears within seconds!!!!!
Please tell me what the name of your anti hystamine is??? so that I can try it!!!

Reply to Lavender
Posted by: two.stone | 2011/02/07

I have a similar problem and I have been taking an anti-hystamine (spelling?) for years. You can buy them over the counter at a pharmacy without prescription. I take one a day, problem solved. Another contibuting factor if it is only on your neck, is often fake jewelry - not real gold or silver. Hope this helps.

Reply to two.stone