Question
Posted by: Ant | 2010/05/26

Help please

Hi Doc,

I am 33 and have 2 beautiful children (13 and 10), I were on the Depo Provera injection for 6 years and had to stop due to the fact that I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding and polyps developing in my uterus (had 2 polypectomy ops). I stopped with the injections 3 months ago (on doctors orders). I was also told not to use any contraceptives for at least a year to try and normalize the " damage"  the injections had done to my cycle, but the problem is that it is causing problems in my marriage. My husband is not happy with using a condom, as it is not enjoyable anymore to make love to me with a condom. I am devastated because I do not want to feel that I am not satisfying him anymore. I would like to know what other options are available to me for contraception. Please help!!!

If you have completed your family, you could have a sterilisation. I am not sure why your doctor doesn't want you on the Pill. Perhaps the nature of the polyps was abnormal. You should discuss this with him/her.

2

Posted by: Dee | 2010/05/26

Your doctor is very irresponsible to suggest that you not use birth control. I think you should investigate the pill as this will normalise your cycle from the injection.

Reply to Dee