Posted by: Toni | 2009-08-28

Help please

Good day

My sister in on the verge of an emaitional meltdown and needs someone to get her back on track and perhaps some mediaction to help her on this path. She works in Midrand and lives in Modderfontien any recommendation on a " shrik"  that she could go and see. She would need someone who is focused on fixing the problem fast and not over 20 sessions.

We cannot recommend any specific shrink here, for many xcelent reasons. You GP should be able to recommend someone, as could your nearest branch of Lifeline, the Aniety-Depression Support Group, and FAMSA.
While I agree that you don't want a useless analytically based counsellor who will try to stretch the process out for years, setting in advance an arbitrary limit like under 20 sessions, is a recipe for failure, Any competent modern counsellor using CBT methods may be able to help her achieve a lot in 20 sessions or less, but once the problems have been accurately diagnosed and identified, the correct duration of therapy is "as long as necessary" --- and no longer than that

Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-08-28

Sorry to say but there is no QUICK FIX for mental problems.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend