Question
Posted by: Leandi | 2009/08/26

HELP please!

Good day,

I was on the 2month injection but has stopped for the last 3months. I now get unusual periods. I got my period and 2weeks later I got it again. And this morning there was a brownish discharge... What can be the problem?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Leandi.

Your're not the first person to report these type of symptoms after stopping the injection. Brown discharge is blood that has lost its hemoglobin, which indicates that it is old. Fresh bleeding will appear in its red state.
If your symptoms worsen, if new symptoms arise or this symptom recurrs next month you should consult your gynecologist.