Posted by: Linet | 2009-03-26

Help please!

Hi, I' m 20 years old and love my food. I' m 72kg and my height is 1.65. I stoped eating fatty foods and I' m really active but I just don' t seem to lose any weight. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Dear Linet
Your present BMI = 26,5, which is above the normal range of 18-25. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24, you would need to weigh 65 kg, which is a loss of 7 kg. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming including factors that can hamper weightloss.