Question
Posted by: DJ | 2008/08/08

Help needed with potential STD.

Hi Doc,

About 4 months ago I noticed that after any sexual activity, little red dots forms on the head of my penis and itches. I went to see my GP about this and he said that it’ s a normal reaction (which I highly doubt) and gave me a cream for it. After the cream is applied, it goes away yes, but appears again after sex or even masturbation. Would you recommend that I see a Urologist instead as I need to get rid of whatever STD this is.

If you think so, is there any database where I can find local Urologists in my area? I’ m new to my area and do not even have a local GP anymore.

Thanks for your time.
DJ

DJ

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have Candida of your foreskin. I recommend that you use Apor cream, twice daily, for at least 10 days. I also suggest that you and your partner take a capsule of Diflucan 150mg immediately.

Please advise if the above treatment worked.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: DJ | 2008/08/17

Thanks me too. Will keep that in mind.

Dr Burger,

Is it possible to get this over the counter at a pharmacy or would I need a prescription. I can only imagine that it would be over the counter if you told me what to get. I know pharmacies stock female candida self-help packs, is there anything like that available for males?

Lastly - will the fact that it' s been around for 4 months increase my risk or repeated infection?

Thanks again.
Cheers, DJ

Reply to DJ
Posted by: Me too! | 2008/08/12

Hi DJ

I also have the same problem. What works for me is to shower right after sex or masturbation. Keeping the area clean, without using harsh soaps, has done it for me. Also, try to keep your foreskin and the area under it dry after a shower.

I know it sucks, but my doc told me it' s quite common.

Reply to Me too!