Posted by: Barbara | 2012-11-13

Help needed

My brother (46) had a bloodclot in his brainstem about 3 years ago. He recovered very well, but his speach is not 100% and his left hand and leg is still affected.
He is currently being hospitilized for depression. His mind/memory long and short term has not been affected at all. The problem is he is feeling useless and frustrated. He used to be totally independent and has been the breadwinner until this happend. Is there any NGO''s or any other institutes where they supply some kind of manual job (other than sitting at home). They reside in the East Rand, Gauteng. We are desperately seeking something for him to do, so that he can get his dignity and self esteem back again.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and regards

I suggest that you consult an occupational therapist to explore employment possibilities.