Question
Posted by: Janine | 2012/10/16

help needed

please advise me my gynae says i''m not ovulating and he put on clomid for 3 months which never helped. Please advise me what can i take to ovulate i want to have a baby.

Dear Janine
If you are Not ovulating and your gynae put you on clomid for 3 months then either you have not fallen pregnant yet but you are still ovulating, despite the clomid you have not ovulated.so the next step before answering your question is whether taking the clomid has helped with ovulation or not. If taking the clomid has still not achieved ovulation, then you will need to either increase the dose or take other medication to increase the ovulation. If taking the clomid has produced ovulation then I think it’s still a little too soon for you to be concerned, as you have only tried for a period of 3 months. You can continue for another 3 more cycles, and if you still don’t succeed you will need to assess patency of your fallopian tubes, and in addition have your husband’s sperm tested for any abnormalities.
Answered by: Dr. Y.M.Dasoo

1
Posted by: fertility expert | 2012/10/29

Dear Janine
Answered by: Dr. Y.M.Dasoo

Reply to fertility expert