Question
Posted by: Susan | 2011/07/27

Help needed

I''m 30yrs old and have been on Wellbutrin XL 150mg for the past three yrs. Since last month I''ve been feeling down, no care, irritable, not been sleeping well and my husband almost has to drag me out of the house to go and do something. I also have no sex drive (which is usually not the case). Could it be that the 150mg is not sufficient anymore?

It may be thet the drug itself is not so effective for you, and you should be re-assessed, preferably by a specialist psychiatrist rather than a GP, to assess what has changed, and whether different medication might now suit you better. Apart from a modest range of doses, just increasing doses of antidepressants isn't useful, as above a certain dose the benefits don't increase, while the side-effects do.

1