Question
Posted by: Elna | 2012-04-23

help my metabolism

hi, I''m on weighless vor 4 months now and lost 16kg. last 4 weeks my average was 600g per week loss, I am in my 40''s and know the older you get the slower you loose weight. I have a lot still to loose and is possitive about it, just want to know what I can do or use to give my metabolsm a boost? tx for the help :))

Dear Elna
Congratulations on losing 16 kg with the very sensible and balanced Weigh-Less system. You are a bright ****star****. It is vital NOT to interfere with your weightloss by changing to fad or starvation diets or taking all kinds of diet pills and potions which can derange your metabolism. You are losing weight at Exactly the right speed - 500g to 600 g per week. Slow and steady means you will sustain your weightloss over time which is after all what you are trying to achieve. So please stick with Weigh-less and don't mess with a plan that is working amazingly well for you. The Only thing you can consider to boost your metabolism is to start doing some form of daily exercise for at least 30 min a day - brisk walking, cycling, skipping, rowing, etc.
Exercise is still the very best stimulant for our metabolism and it lifts the mood and helps with adherence to your diet. So get as active as possible, but remember to start slowly and work up to 30 min a day every day.
Keep up the good work

3
Posted by: elna | 2012-04-24

tx Annemarie, like I said I am on a healthy diet (weighless) so that is not a problem :) (the correct eating etc) just want to try to loose weight faster :) exercise is a good thing, and i Hate it, but I will have to begin with it:) even just a brisk walk 3-4 times a week :)) luckely I am not a ''drinker'' and dont use any sugar etc :) have a good day :)

Reply to elna
Posted by: Annemarie | 2012-04-24

Hi Elna

My GP gave me this tip:

When you wake up, start your day with 600ml luke warm water
Do 5 - 10 minutes of cardio - example jumping rope
And an hour after this you must have your breakfast.
And then she said i must try to eat all my carbs during the day and avoid carbs for dinner.

I dont know......something to try out. Just difficult to get into the habbit of doing exercise.

My tip to loose weight:
- Think about what you eat/drink everyday and swop that thing for something else
For example:

If you drink a lot of coffee with milk and sugar - cut one of them. Either the milk or the sugar of less coffee.

If you eat a lot of bread, substitute a week or two with Rye crackers.

Less butter

If you love wine - cut it for two weeks.....

Just my one cent...

Reply to Annemarie
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-04-24

Dear Elna
Keep up the good work