Question
Posted by: Biki | 2011/03/11

Help me with Progesterone level please

Hi doc,
I have been trying to concieve for almost a year. Two months ago I went for Progesterone tests and it was confirmed that I was not ovulating. My gynae prescirbed Clomid 50mg. I took it last month without success. this month I went for a progestrone test and she said my results were 19.5. She said it was way too low and that I was def not ovulating. She doubled my dosis and now have to go for progestrone tests every month. What should a healty progesterone level be? As far as I can read, anything above 15 medicated is fine and confirms ovulation. She said it must be above 60? I am so confused, so negative and just plain depressed. Please help me to understand the levels.
Thank you so much

The low progetserone just means that you have not ovulated. Differnt laboratories have different reference ranges, so this may be why there is confusion.Most laboratories in this country work on a level of more than 30 to indicate ovulation.

2
Posted by: biki | 2011/03/15

THank you dr. I have asked so many people and dr''s and at last I get a direct anwer.

Reply to biki