Posted by: CPM | 2009-01-19

Help me understand...i must be dof

I bought the Marie Clair with Minkie vd westhuizen (or Visser) on the front, in the centre there are naked pictures of many celebs - the ones I know

Christina Storm
Solly Philander and his wife
2 guy guys one a shrink the other a therapist or something

I don' t get the POINT - the are doing this for WOMAN ABUSE....
Please explain the logic in this to me?

If I was a man with a problem or a rapist and I saw the entire naken body of Chrisina Storm - it would not cause me to think HMMM MAYBE I MUST STOP RAPING AND ABUSING woman....maybe i' d think GEEZ SHE' S HOT MAYBE I SHOULD?

Or is there something wrong with me?
Isnt there many better things you could do or try to bring attention to or collect money for this cause?

Just asking....

I have a handicap --- I simply cannot take seriously someone who insists on beign called Minky.
But I take your point about the pointlessness of some of these campaigns --- using celebrities, let alone nude celbrities, gets attention and publicity, but whether it stops even a single abuser from abusing, I very much doubt.

Posted by: DD | 2009-01-29

Uhmmm..... NOT getting naked?

Reply to DD
Posted by: jen | 2009-01-21

Maybe the campaign works maybe it doesn' t, but atleast they r doing something. What r u doing about Abuse ???

Reply to jen
Posted by: Me too | 2009-01-20

I wonder how many perv' s actually went out and bought this edition?

Sounds more like a publicity stunt by the magazine to boost sales figures.

A cheap thrill....

Reply to Me too
Posted by: T | 2009-01-19

I agree with you. I also think that I might be missing the point. I find the naked pics highly inappropriate.

Reply to T