Posted by: Fifi | 2009-08-21

Help me understand pls

Hi doc! I' m a female 27yrs old nd 1.58m tall nd weigh 66kg. Im strugling to lose weight. I excercise 5times a week for 5omin. 2omin on cros trainer 2omin on the stepper nd 10min toning nd 10min stretching. How much kcal should i consume in order for me to lose weight nd what is my bmr? What can i do to my diet? I have a smal body frame nd im desperate to find out how i can help myself

Dear Fifi
Your BMI = 26,4 which is above the normal range (18-25), to get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24 you would need to weigh 60 kg. It is excellent that you exercise so vigorously 5 times a week. Generally speaking adult women need to reduce their energy intake to 6300 kJ per day to aid weightloss. You can combine an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), with your exercise programme to promote additional weightloss.