Posted by: Girl | 2009-04-14

Help me stop...

I am a frequent dagga smoker and I really need to stop. I know that dagga is not physiologically addictive but it definitely is psychologically addictive. I don' t have the option of being able to go to rehab, but I' d love you to please offer some advice for self-rehabilitation. I am a successful woman in the corporate world but i am finding that i am quickly losing all my motivation in life... Please, please help me...

I don't think anybody needs to go into rehab to stop dagga smoking --- it important wioth substances like alcohol where the physiological withdrawal can be risky, but not with cannabis. And dgga is very well knwon for producing a major lack of motivation and drive. Remember that dagga is at least as dirty hemicaly as cigarettes in terms of general health impact, too. You don't need to go away into rehab ( perhaps inconvenient in the corporate world ) but can see a shrink who works with substance abuse, and get advice and support to enable you to stop and stay stopped

Posted by: jade | 2009-04-14

I really hope you find the reason to stop I particuarly contracted Tb from smoking and my lungs are finished,I have psycological problems now due to this disease as I recently found its mdr tb,I so scared as i have to be isolated for 6 months meaning i will loose my car,my job and everything else ...for you own sake please stop I would do anything to be you.

Reply to jade
Posted by: SANDRA | 2009-04-14

Dagga is NOT addictive so why not just stop! I too smoke every once in a while but can stop whenever i feel like it, i do it more to relax after a hard day' s work and when things become stressful. I doubt very much that you need rehab for dagga use, there is no nicotine and tar like cigarettes so its not addictive in that way, perhaps like you say more mentally. good luck

Reply to SANDRA