Question
Posted by: Sad | 2010/05/31

Help me feel better

Hi Doc!

Today I feel so sad! This weekend my mom was ill.
I went with her to the doc. after work on fri. and she had to go back on Sat.
Sat I went with her but there was about 10 other people in the que and decided to put her name in, go home and bring her back when it was her turn.
My bf then came around because we planned on going to the shop to get something, I left and popped in by the Dr. to check if it was her turn. then called my dad to tell him to bring my mom.
Then I called her afterwards and it turns out that the dr. was offish with her.
I was so upset and felt guilty because I never went with her and then this happened to her.
Sun. my bf and I went out after lunch for about 4hours and went back home, she was fine, resting etc
Today I just hate the decisions I made this weekend.
If I think back we couldve picked her up and taken her to the dr.taken her home and then went out.
Now I know its pointless punishing myself for this now because its over and all I can do is make better decisions in the future but I hate that done this!
I want to move on but I''m so upset with myself because my mom was ill!

If the doctor really behaved in an unpleasant way, that was HIS fault, and should not have happened. Anyhow, learn from this episode how you might deal with any similar episode better in the future, rather tyhan beating yourself up over what recently happened

5
Posted by: Leigh | 2010/06/01

Maybe the previous patient had given the doc a hard time. Maybe the doc was stressed, maybe the doc had something on his mind, and most likely it had nothing to do with your mom. Learn from the experience and move on.

Reply to Leigh
Posted by: Sad | 2010/05/31

lol the way I feel right now I just cant seem to get over it. I think you right X3, that might make me feel better thanx

Reply to Sad
Posted by: XXX | 2010/05/31

I don''t believe what you did was " bad"  at all.She got the attention from the dr that was needed.The fact that the dr was offish is not your fault.
Maybe you just need to be a bit more attentive and visit her etc a bit more for the next month or so.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: anon | 2010/05/31

get over it!

Reply to anon