Posted by: sasha | 2012-08-08

help me Dr. please, no reader comments

Hi Dr. thanks a lot for helping us and I would be grateful if you answering me, here is my story:

before three weeks i had a fight on street with unknowen guy, both of us had a a deep cut and scratches on our hands, noses and lips with bleeding, after two days my friend told me that the guy (fighter) using drags and he maybe HIV+, i did not remeber if his blood came into contact with my wounds . then and after 17 days I suffered from diarrhea. now I am worry and scared.
Can HIV or hepatitis transfer by this way?

Please Dr. Help me, please

Yes, it is possible for hepatitis B and C, as well as HIV to be transmitted in this manner. I suggest that you consult a doctor for blood tests to determine if you have anything to be concerned about.

Posted by: Tanya | 2012-08-09

So sorry Sasha, I realise you only want comment from Cyberdoc, but that could take a little while. You seem to regard this as an emergency, so please go and have yourself tested to put your mind at rest. Its a pity that a certain poster, namely Brendan, seems to have stopped posting as he appeared to have many answers regarding HIV queries. Just do it, go and test and dont be tempted to get physical with people you dont know in future. Wish you all the best xx

Reply to Tanya