Question
Posted by: Sharlotte | 2011-02-02

Help me

From monday, I have not been to work - I don't want to go, but at the same time I don''t want to lose it. I''m always absent due to sickness, financial problems, constant headache and backache.

I work about two to 3 Saturdays in a month, I have a one year old, and we only get to spend timetogether on Sundays. I try to get a lot of rest but I''ll have panic attacks about going to work the next day.

I also struggle to wake in the morning. I''m fine - can''t say I''m stressed or depressed but my behaviour puzzles me.

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

The first question is do you enjoy what you do and if not do you have an alternative? So often if we are bored by our work, its isn't sufficiently challenging or it doesn't feed our sense of self the tendency to find any reason to pull away will be overriding. Were you experiencing these feelings before your child was born or is it recent? The pressure of having to do something day in and day out that isn't feeding our needs creates stress hormones, such as cortisol and adrenalin. Too much of these and the immune system becomes depressed, leaving you open to pathogens in the environment.My advice is to broaden your choices. Find something that will afford you more time with your baby, or simply a line of work that excites and challenges you.

1
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011-02-02

Reply to Behaviour modification