Posted by: Shana | 2009-01-20

Help! I' m going bald at 28

Hi doc

I' ve been having this condition that I' m bleeding (menses) for up to four months in a row without stopping and then it will stop again for two to thee months and start again. I' ve had a lapscope done but they cannot find anything wrong with me. Went to fertility clinic last year but nothing aswell. What I don' t understand now is that I think it' s been causing me loose my hear. I' ve started noticing last year when washing and when I comb my hair that there is alot of hair thats left behind in the basin and on my brush and comb. On the 31th of December I chopped off my hair until it was very short. Now it' s even worse then before. If I work my fingers through my hair lots of hair comes out. On my pillow on the morning when I wake up I find lot s of hair. Please help!!!!

Hallo Shana
Have you seen a gynecologist and have they checked your thyroid hormone levels, iron levels and female hormone levels with blood tests? Other causes can be liver or kidney problems, low vit K levels, blood disorders (like low platelets) If these causes have not been excluded, ask your GP to do more tests or to refer you to a specialist