Posted by: Chrissie | 2009-01-12

Help! I want to join!!!!!

Good evening all!

You all sounds like a bunch of people who enjoy to encourage and motivate (with fun!)

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now, and decided tonight, this is IT! I had enough of being overweight (want to say fat, but try to keep my last bit of respect to myself!)

My weight is a problem the last 10 years (I am 41 now), almost like Oprah, then thin then fat, this diet then that diet, a size 12 cupboard a size 18 cupboard.

The last year I have really suffered from my thyroid (lost 2 babies last year due to this). The thing is underactive, " dood" , in sleeping mode. I am on medication, but it seems not to help, so I bought a book The Thyroid Diet (extremely helpful information). Lately I struggle with swollen legs, lots of hairloss, fatigueness like hell, headaches and the never ending struggle to loose weight.

2 years ago I joined TLC, lost 35kg and picked all of it up again. I currently weigh 112kg (this is breaking my heart, as I have been there an done that at 77kg!) I am only 1.65m tall. So basically I am a square!

The book I bought stress the fact that if you don' t change your lifestyle (eating the right stuff) AND exercise, this problem of mine will just get bigger and bigger..........

I start my " new life approach"  tomorrow morning, including exercise. I plan to do the Knysna cycle tour in July 2009 and would have shed hopefully a lot of kg' s by then and also be fit by then!

Can I just join on the forum discussions with you guys and give it a try? I am desparate and cannot think of a diet and or program which I have not tried before! This time, real food and exercise!

Good luck for all of you winners, who keep on trying and who have lost so much weight and also for those keeping this forum informative, fun etc!

Good night

Dear Chrissie
Welcome to the DietDoc site. This is the place to get inspiration and make contact with other people who are trying to lose weight - those that succeed and those that struggle - the other Readers and I will give you all the support you need to persevere.
One thing I must point out to you: If your thyroid is totally underactive and the situation is so bad that you lost two babies last year (this must have been dreadful and I really feel for you) then it is ESSENTIAL that you go back to the dr who is treating you for your lack of thyroid hormone and tell him/her of your latest symptoms - the swelling, weight gain, hairloss, tiredness are all classical symptoms of thyroid deficiency. You should also not just stop taking your medication - if you suffer from hypothyroidism then you need to take it all the time. When you see the dr ask him/her to test your thyroid hormone levels because you may need to adjust your dosage of the Eltroxin or whatever thyroid hormone replacement you take. Your resolve to start eating properly and doing exercise is excellent.
Hope you reach your goal and do the Knysna cycle tour.
Keep us posted

Posted by: LIZA | 2009-01-13

I want to lose . Is this lean body tablets any good? And do u have a eat program to go with it. Please help. I want to go on holiday and want to look better.

Reply to LIZA
Posted by: Chrissie | 2009-01-12

Sorry DietDoc, I should have posted this to the Weightloss Forum :-(

Reply to Chrissie