Posted by: M@A | 2009-01-22

Help! I Just Can' t Stop...

...Eating. I feel hungry all the time...and when i do eat, 5 minutes later i' m hungry again.

What do i do?

{i' m 25, i weigh 80kg and i' m still breastfeeding my 6 month old baby}

Dear M@A
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. I would recommend that you consult your gynaecologist or the dr who assisted with the birth for a checkup to see if the pregnancy has caused changes in your hormone levels (thyroid, insulin and/or female hormones) which may be stimulating you to eat all the time. If you are given a clean bill of health then you need to consider if you are not suffering from postpartum depression. Depression or anxiety can trigger overeating. If you suspect that this may be the case, please see a psychiatrist for treatment.
In the meanwhile start doing some regular exercise like going for brisk walks with your baby every day to counteract all this eating.