Question
Posted by: PS.. I am going crazy | 2010-02-03

Help I hate my job

To the part time shrinks reading this blogs.. Yes you can say leave.. but have you even tried to apply for a position in the private sector if you worked for a government department and you white .. even if you have all the qualifications continuous years of service.. if the answer is no.. dont comment ..

To the real shrink & #61514  I blame my current employer for the loss of my one twin due to continuous harassment and management covering for each other .. I have develop severe depression because of this .. I cannot stand the people the place I am miserable every day of my life when I have to come to work I will avoid and try to think of excuses so I can stay at home .. but responsibilities come clock work in little window envelopes and resigning is not an option.. I am serious starting to doubt if I am still capable of doing better as I just get turned down .. I have a MBA but no I come from Government we are lazy and dont know how to do our job!! I am so frustrated..

The depression is just getting worst and worst medicine is even been increased no luck .. how do you handle something like this in your head .. to move beyond this hate feeling for your employer???

Often in life none of the options are easy, though some are more likely to end satisfactorily than others. The option of CBT therapyh I mention so often is a good one, if you can find someone able to provide it, as it is more effective than the drugs in this sort of situation when you can free yourself from some of the misery you experience by working on better ways to handle it. It offers exactly what you ask for - finding and selecting new ways to handle this thing in your head.
Keep looking for alternative jobs, as with an MBA and work experience, whether in government or not, you should be a desirable employee to some employers.
And be careful not to approach the chronically irritating situation by what we call awfulizing or catastrophizing. However easy and natural it is to do, brooding on how awful it is does tend to make it more awful as an experience, in situations when one can more usefully and comfortably cruise through in neutral
And carefully re-read the response from Purple.

3
Posted by: Happiness | 2010-02-04

I agree with Purple, qualifications do speak louder than the colour. Race might close one door but it can never stop us from living our dreams. The danger comes when we start feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming the system. Maybe for now with the country coming out of recession companies are not recruiting as much.

Reply to Happiness
Posted by: Purple | 2010-02-03

If you put effort into finding a job and actively look, you will find something, even if it takes a while.

I also worked for government, and had no trouble finidng a job in the private sector, and have even changed jobs since then. Race is also not on my side, but then when I joined the governement departmetn I was in, it wasn' t on my side either, so people said I' d been hired as the token whitey.

Your depression is probably what is preventing youfrom finding other work.

If you have any degree, no matter what your race or gender is (i.e. even if you aren' t an African Black female lesbian in a wheelchair) you will be able to find work if you do an active job search and have a CV that shows what contribution you have made.
Employers are more interested in what you have done in your jobs and what value you have added than in the place you worked at. They want to know what you gained from the experiences you have and what tools you have in your kit as a result of the work and life experiences you have gained.

Contact agencies, look on the internet, scan the papers and just keep submitting your CV to promising looking positions and you will start to get interviews and then eventually some offers will come.

Reply to Purple