Posted by: Maria | 2012-11-15

Help hopeless

Im a 32 yr old female suffer with bad breath and my body gives off a nasty smell.i went to variety of doctors they said im well and my gums &  teeth are in good condition. I have tried every remedy in books &  on the internet nothing works!it really effect me in a negative way i have no husband cheated 10 times of a 6 year marriage.i am constanly under stress &  with no one to talk to makes it worse.

There are numerous posible causes for this most unpleasant situation. Sometimes i9ts something obvious like problems of mouth hygiene, which can be readily recognized and easily fixed. Sometimes, and do think of this posibility, this can be an obsession one has, and a fixed idea, and indeed a personal experience of having a nasty smell which actually other people can't notice at all, and it needs a different approach to treating and relieving it.
You obviously have other reasons for feeling really distressed, including a cheating husband ( and after 10 episodes, that's how he is, and he's not at all likely to change ). His behaviour is disgraceful, and much worse than any form of body odour - its what he does that stinks. COnsult a lawyer and a personal counsellor so as to be better able to stand up for your own rights and needs.
As for the concern about this evil smell, do see a psychiatrist for a full assessment and a discussion of further treatment options. This is NOT saying that "its all in your head" ( which, when you think about it, is where all distress always is, anyway ) but some psych meds might help you to revise your convictions about this nasty smell, as well as to feel more appropriately fond of yourself, and to get oer and beyond this issue.

Posted by: Candle | 2012-11-15

Dear let me first ask you this,,, was this the excuse your husband used for cheating on you,,,?? let me tell you something that is no reason to cheat on someone you love, you stick to that person and help them with any problems, u are suppose to be one now... Or do you perhaps thinks thats the reason why ur husband cheats on you,, dear we so often makes the mistake of looking for fault in us in order to justify the wrongfull doing of others to us.. I think you have more then an odor problem,, infact i think the odor is not the problem.. you need to do just what the cyber shrink suggests you do..

Reply to Candle
Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-15

Did the doctors and dentists you have been not been able to smell what you smell? Have other people told you that they can smell you? It would just seem odd, if you''ve seen many different doctors and they all tell you they see/smell nothing wrong or can''t find anything wrong that would cause it?

I''m all for giving someone a second chance, people sometimes make mistakes, but if your husband has cheated on you 10 different times, he''s being a terrible husband to you. You do deserve to be treated beter and with more respect and don''t ever blame yourself for his constant bad and very selfish behavior, he''s your husband, he made a promise to you and instead of standing by you and being supportive he has been acting very selfishly.
Your husband sounds as if he''s just contributing to how badly you feel about yourself.