Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/04/07

Help from Other Vegetarians

Hi There

I am loving my new vegetarian lifestyle but just find that during my PMS week I struggle a bit and feel weak.

I am bringing in Fry Chicken Style Strips. Which other soya substitutes would be suggested?

I dont eat lentils or beans really.

I still use dairy but no eggs.

Should I invest in a good protein shake? if so which one do you guys suggest.

Dear Kasandra
If you feel weak during menstruation, then you may need to ask your doctor or gynae to check if you suffer from iron deficiency. If this should be the case, then the dr will prescribe an iron supplement for you. Tofu is an excellent soy product and you should be able to find tasty vegetarian foods in most supermarkets and health shops. Chick peas can be used to make hummus which is delicious and eating baked beans on wholewheat or rye or low-GI bread makes a healthy, filling meal.

1

Dear Kasandra