Posted by: Suespan | 2008-11-20

Help - dog and cat intro

Please can you help - We recently adopted a pug +/- 2 years old and I am having problems introducing her to my cat, she is very excitable and scares the cat. Consequently the cat has taken herself up to the loft and will not come downstairs - this is causing problems with the humans in the house - how can we integrate these two so that they can live side by side - any suggestions??

Dear Suespan

The cat should be the one with an escape route if you try and introduce them. Fortunately Pugs are not good athletes and do not have a lethal bite.

Posted by: Bear | 2008-11-20

Dont force the intro, The kitty will eventually come down and avoid the dog. The dog will also get used to the kitties presence and calm down when he sees it which should help the kitty settle easier too.

Reply to Bear