Question
Posted by: Sad | 2009-04-14

Help - Depression

Can someone please recommend a good psychologist in the Northern Suburbs Cape Town?

I' m severely depressed and need help. Am taking medication, but it is not working anymore.

I don['t encourage anyone to recommend specific shrinks on this site. YOu can call your local branch of FAMSA< or the anxiety-Depression Support group, or ask your GP, or inquire at the Depts of Psychiatry of the medical schools. Sounds like in adition to medication, you need CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, to help you sort out the negative thinking part of the problem

2
Posted by: Sad | 2009-04-14

I' m taking Cipralex, not sure what dosage, but I' ve been through quite a few traumatic events.. and a messy break-up. I need help to sort out my very negative and self-destructive thoughts.

Reply to Sad
Posted by: Caron | 2009-04-14

If you are taking a good anti-depressant then it should be working. What meds are on currently on? Perhaps you need to increase your dosage.

Reply to Caron