Posted by: New | 2012-01-31

Help coping with change

my husband and I are newly married and for some strange reason i feel like imnot coping with the major change. being single for almost 7 yrs then we met and decided to marry.

Also we hav had issues - relating to family and his reaction makes me feel let down and upset. in fact i didnt realise how bad it has affected me cos it makes me feel depressed. I feel like i needed him the most and he was not there for me. Also I feel like as a man a husband is there to protect his family and not let any harm come to them but in that way he let me down.
I love him alot. He is an amazing man. but the effect of that incident still affects us cos i stil feel the pain???

Sometimes i feel so alone. I dont know why and i long for the comfort of home but i dont have it. Is this normal???

Marriage does indeed entailmajor changes, many of them unexpected. To have some doubts and concerns is normal, but the issue is how best to sort things out, and a mariage counsellor can be helpful if you're not managing to do this jut clmly discussing he issus together. You don't say what the "incident" was, so it's hard to assess whether the extent of your concerns are appropriate or not. You speak of Needing, Protection and Harm Talk it over, calmly and frankly, between you, and seeks a marriage counsellors help if you can'tmanae it between you