Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2012/04/19

Help-continued

Could the ''over-thinking"  thing, be the reason why I''m so forgetful as well. It makes sense now. I''m in the bedroom, i want to do something, as soon as I turn my back to leave, my brain is already going 100 miles an hour, and that could be why I''m forgetting things.
So who would be able to do this CBT, cos it sounds interesting, and I went to a psycologist, but I doubt if she even knows about CBT. Is there a list of practitioners or something somewhere?

It could be. Even the most brilliant of us have only so much capaicty for thinking through and registering / remembering things at one time, and if you allow yourself to get pre-occupied with obsessive ruminations, which keep you very busy without getting you anywhere useful. like driving into a patch of sand or wet mud, where your wheels spin but you don't move forewards.
You can only remember things if you have paid due attention to them first ; and if your thoughts are racing ahead, they may not get registered at all. Or mis-filed.
The Anxiety/Depression website lists SOME who provide CBT, and I'd think FAMSA could provide more names. Its the current method best backed by good research, for changing bad habits of thought and behaviour. Its not easy to predict who may be able to provide it, but one should ask the secretary or therapist before making an appointment with them.

1