Posted by: Rika | 2009-02-06

Help asb.

Hallo, ek wil graag weet hoe ek te werk kan gaan om ' n vriend van my, wie se sienning van die lewe baie pesimisties is, te verander, na ' n meer hoopvolle uitkyk van die lewe. Sy negatiwieteit is besig om my onder te kry, en ek is weer iemand wat optimisties is. Ek is sal dankbaar wees vir raad asb. Dankie.

A sensible question, but hard to answer in this format. CBT style counselling ( if you search the archives of this forum, you;ll find I have often discussed this ) is excellent for ehlping someone to learn to avoid automatically negative habits of thought, but its not easy for a friend to persuade someone to make the necessary changes. And chance you could persuade your pal to see a counsellor ?