Question
Posted by: Terry | 2008/05/28

Help asb.

Het altyd fiets gery. Tel deesdae baie gewig op kan jy my asb help. Ek staan al 4 uur op om werk toe te gaan kom eers so 19h00 by die huis. Kry nie kans om te oefen nie. Is baie moeg kry nie kans om te oefen nie maar raak nou vet want ons eet 19h00. Kan jy dalk vir my advies gee.

Hi terry

Unfortunately, time is not something that is negotiable when it comes to exercise. The reality is that no one suddenly woke up and realised they had a lot of time and therefore should do some training. You have to really make that time for training and if you can't, then the problems you have won't ever go away. Now I realise that is a tough line, and unfortunately it might be very difficult to make that time, but then you might need to consider lunch time or before work as your next options, because at present your very difficult work hours are leading you into a very unhealthy situation. So it's not just for exercise, but for your own health, that you might need to look at your day and how it's set out.

Once you do that, then you can hopefully find 45 minutes of time to do a bit of exercise training. But it takes time management and some decision that you WILL find time, because as soon as exercise becomes a non-negotiable, then you are empowered to start. If it doesn't, hwoever, then you'll always struggle to find the time.