Question
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-13

Help!!!! - Abortion

i had an abortion 1yr and 8 months ago. Since i woke up in hospital, to this day i regret it, i still cry myself to sleep.
I cant seem to get over what i have done.
Please help me? I havent told anyone about this. No one can ever know.
The guy i was with at that time, treated me badly, abused me in more ways than one. I didnt want to have a remeberance of him.
I was alone, scared!
Now i met another wonderful man, but i want to have a child with my ex boyfriend. I' m no longer inlove with him, i hate his guts!
I think somehow im trying to make up for what i have done.
How can i get over the past for good?
This emotional pain is killing me!!!!!!!
Help????

To anyone out there reading this who is considering doing what i have done - my advise to you... DON' T DO IT!!!!!!!
Please don' t! I may not know your circumstances and may not know what you' re going through, but always remeber that the Lord will not give you a cross which you cannot bear. I wish i had taken heed of these words back then. DON" T do it, you will regret it forever. Stay strong, you will make it somehow, believe me!

I always say abortion should be forbidden by law UNLESS there is comprehensive and proper counselling afterwards. It is NEVER a minor procedure psychologically. I understand why you decided to have an abortion, and blaming yourself now doesn't help ; the aim should be to move on with your life and not to get into situations in which an abortion would be considered, again.
What I can't understand is why if you hate the guts of your abusive ex bf, you would want to have a child by him ? Surely having a child should never be an act of vengeance, but should be only a creation of love ?
DO, urgently, arrange to see a good psychologist or other counsellor to work through your remaining grief and conflicts, to prepare for a more wholesome life in future. And make sure you don't fall pregnant by anyone until you have completed that task

1
Posted by: myself | 2008-12-11

we do not know each others problems.my husband was abusive towards me and my unborn child.treated me like i was nothing to him.sometimes when i go to bed hi would press my tummy so hard i felt the pain.i told myself i was not going throuhg with the pregnancy because of the abuse.he did lots of things to me and i was crying each and everyday.i can not tell you what he did to me in details.but i felt there was no way i was bringing this baby to the world so i had an abortion and i did not even tell him.so what i am trying to say is lets not judge one onother.it can happen to anyone.

Reply to myself