Posted by: Tee | 2013-02-13

Hi doc

I am pregnant with twins 31/2 months and I''m having horrible pain in my mouth. I have a tooth abscess on a tooth that I had a root canal on. I tried tylenol and vicodin but that didnt work. Then I tried Aleve. It has helped tremendously! I''m on antibiotics and I''m wondering if I take aleve for the next few days about 3-4 times a day is that okay for the babies? I''m usually only on prenatals but then this happened. How long is it safe to keep taking them? I don''t think ill need it more than a week or two

Aleve is not safe to use during pregnancy. I therefore, suggest that you only use Panado for pain and fever. A high fever can lead to early birth. It is important to continue with the antibiotics but stop taking the Aleve and take 2 Panado tablets, four times daily for the next 5 - 7 days.