Question
Posted by: Concerned Mother | 2013-01-25

HELP!!!!!!!!

I have a huge problem. My daughter who is 9yr does not want to wear her panties. She only puts on dresses will not wear shorts or long pants and says that the painties makes her feel hot and sweetie. I have done everything from taking her cell phone away to grounding her. She refuses to wear any underwear. Please help

4
Posted by: Daisy | 2013-02-01

She is not a little child, so at her age, I find it strange that she would behave like that. At this age girls are self conscious about how they dress. And they do know they need to wear a panty.

Do you think there could be some other reason she doesnt want to wear them? Maybe she has a little discharge and her undies get soiled and she is a litte afraid about it? Thinks you may think she is weeing or soiling them herself. You never know.

I really don''t think that at her age she would want to walk around without a panty especially when she wears skirts, unless there was something else going on.

Reply to Daisy
Posted by: Nini | 2013-01-31

Have you considered taking her to the shops to let her pick out what she thinks might be more suitable for her to wear? Perhaps if she selects her own panties then she might start wearing them again... just a thought.

But yes, wearing panties is part of life and she''ll just have to accept it. Maybe even hotpants or something in the sports department that she could try?

Reply to Nini
Posted by: jo | 2013-01-28

Well id play hard ball. Tell her she wont be able to leave the room if she isnt wearing any panties. Simple as that, everyone needs to wear underware and its a normal request to wear. She should fold eventually especially if you say you are going somewhere fun and if she doesnt wear she cant come with.

Reply to jo
Posted by: Bella | 2013-01-25

Hi mama

why dont you try and and buy her 100% cotton panties maybe she will wear painties again if you can only buy cotton,

Reply to Bella