Posted by: Roxanne | 2012-07-31

I have a one month old baby, I''m breastfeeding. I''m suffering from constipation. I go to the toilet every other day but the stools are hard, it''s very painful. I tried all bran flakes and eating pears to gether with 2l water because they normally work but this time they are not helping.
I do not look forward to go to the bathroom because of the pain this is also affecting the healing of my ceaser wound.
Please assist me with the stool softeners that are safe during breasfeeding

I suggest that you use Softlax tablets (two at night) in combination with Laxette syrup (twice daily) for at least 10 days to soften your stools. If there is no improvement after this period, consult your doctor.