Question
Posted by: HMOM | 2012/06/04

Help

Hi Doc,
My husband (39) has had a terrible ear infection. I has been over a month now, having been in er twice. He has now been to an ENT who discovered a massive ear infection behind his ear and has given him Augmentin tablets two in am and two in evening but my queston is it is affecting his blood pressure which is going very high - 149./114 in the er and Sunday it was 151/88 - he isnt really overweigh - maybe a litte of a tummy but wouldnt even say " boep" . Can the ear infection be causing this?

The pain and discomfort can caused a raised blood pressure. Reconsult your doctor to test his blood pressure after the ear infection has cleared.