Posted by: anon woman | 2012-02-10

I would like to change the way my husband and others (mostly close friends and family) see me.

My hubby and I have been through financial difficuly most of our married life we are slowly getting there but still have tough months, yhe thing is because of this and past experieces in my life I''m not a very pleasant, happy go lucky, positive person and most people close to me knows this. I don''t usually get excited about things or go out of my way to have fun etc. I never really had a playfull chilhood or happy teen life either.

But lately I have had a more relaxed approach to life maybe it has something to do with turning 30. I got thinking about all the happiness and milestones I missed out on growing up because of circumstances. But now its as if my hubby thinks I''m batty if I suggest we go for a picnic on the beach with our son for example or family (expecially my inlaws) make remarks if I try be positive around them, mind you they are a misrable bunch but I too was the sme.

How do I do this?

Each of us is the product of our inheritance and the life we have led. Where aspects of how we are, happen to trouble us, a psychotherapist can help us to change this usefully. Mourning whatever you may have mised out on in the past isnt useful --- learn from it the imporance of not missing out on good opportunities in the present and future. Persist in your new moves. Expecting you to be the way you always were is just a bad habit they'll need to change, but people ake time and find that hard to do --- especially a miserable bunch !

Posted by: Friend | 2012-02-12

Good for you. It is time you start to enjoy the opportunities around you. Keep up the good possitive attitude. It will rub off on the people around you. I am happy for you!! Go girl !

Reply to Friend