Question
Posted by: Shea | 2011-12-03

Help

I''m a 20-year-old female, in great health to the best of my knowledge, and in a loving relationship with my girlfriend of eight months. Recently, we started exploring a more sexual aspect of our relationship. In the beginning, things were going well, but I''ve been having trouble maintaining arousal. I don''t think this the fault of my partner, as there are many things she does that turn me on, not to mention that I''ve often had troubles maintaining arousal with masturbation. What''s worse, though, is that my body produces the responses of arousal without any of the sensation reaching me. I feel bad, because it''s something that I very much want to participate in with her, but I feel like I can''t truly get into it. Please help?

This can be due to a physical biofeedback problem or a psychosocial problem. More likely the latter. Did you have negative experiences previously? sexually abused as a child? As An adult? Negative intimacy with another partner? Sometimes one have to deal with those skeletons before you can move on and experience fulfillment. I suggest you discuss it with your partner or phone the SASHA helpline for the contact details of a professional – 0860 100 262. Deidre- SASHA

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2011-12-04

Reply to sexologist