Question
Posted by: ST | 2011/05/24

Help

I gave birth on 23 March 2011,About 4 weeks after I stoped bleeding. on 3 May 2011 I got my Depo injection. On 17 May 2011 I started menstuating and there is no sign of it stopping. What can be the reason that it is only getting stronger and not stopping? Help!!!!!!!!!!!

ST

It is important to consult a gynaecologist for an examination. Your excessive bleeding could be due to the contraceptive injection but a clear diagnosis will have to be made. Excessive bleeding can cause an iron deficiency anemia and it is therefore, important to stop your abnormal bleeding.