Question
Posted by: LadyH | 2011-05-04

Help

CS what is wrong with me, I am so overwhelmed with everything I have to do, I am 28 a mother and married. I will walk into a shop (like I just did now) and not buy anything as I am looking at this and that thing not sure which one I want its as if I cant make up my mind about what to buy, it’ s the same when I go food shopping.

I get overwhelmed with work, with housework with making supper anything I can never just be happy to do it, its always a chore to me, even when I have to wash my hair I get overwhelmed, I even make my food fast and eat fast… Everything I do is fast and in a hurry because I feel so overwhelmed, how can you help please

There could be so many reasons for what you describe. Sometimes it arises simply from not deciding clearly enough beforehand what one needs and wants to buy. Where there is a reasonable choice, one needs to decide, in advance, on what basis to choose - for instance, by price, or previous good experience with the product.
But it's also likely that underlying the concerns you describe could be a depression and/or an anxiety disorder which can elad to just these sort of symptoms - and which respond very well to treatment. best of all, see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment and a discussion of treatment options, which should include psychotherapy like CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) as well as perhaps medicines. Don't let this become more distressing when help is available.

4
Posted by: LadyH | 2011-05-05

Thank you Romany that is exactly what I think I need a routine and to stick to it as best as possible, I always find going shopping with a list more successful.

Reply to LadyH
Posted by: Romany | 2011-05-05

The solution to this is to " organise" .
You obviously have a lot on your plate so what you need to do is to set yourself a routine to follow and to get organised.
When you get up in the morning, make yourself a cup of cofee, take a pen and paper and organise your day.
Write your grocery list, what you are making for supper, what time you pick up the kids, what time you will start ckking, what time you will eat etc.
This you need to do until it becomes second nature to you. Once you are in the routine again, nothing will be an effort to you anymore.
Good luck !!!

Reply to Romany
Posted by: LadyH | 2011-05-04

Thanks so much

Reply to LadyH