Posted by: Choclate | 2011-05-04

For about a month now I get the wheezy cough, the whistling sound when breathing &  slight tightness in the chest - (especially at night). I took a 5day course of Pregnizone &  use my Asthavent pump only when necessary. I sometimes suffer with my nose &  use the Budeflam nasal spray for that. The phlegm in my throat / chest does have a slight odour (sometimes).

Do I need to see the physician / ENT. Is this pattern " normal"  for the colder months?

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Choclate

Your symptoms are not normal, and require and examination. Your physician should evluate your chest, it sounds as if your asthma medication is not optimal. Odour is never normal, and may indicate infection. It is possible that the sinus cavity is contributing, and this require at least constant use of the budeflam nasal spray. You must have an examination in order for your doctor to decide on the correct therapy.