Question
Posted by: Yogurt diet | 2011/04/14

HELP!!!

Pls help - Im picking up weight rather quickly and im not sure why. I have 2 x 175gms of the same yoghurt every morning and it keeps me till afer lunch. I barely have supper and nibble during the day (1/2 a sandwich, water, apple, et) I used to down 5 tubs of yoghurt (175gms) a day or the 1kg tub. How and why am I gaining weight? The yoghurt is the only major change to my diet and I think its making me constipated as well. I''ve also introduced the jungle oats bars to my diet and I''m just feeling bloated and out of breath
this is depressing!!!

Dear Yoghurt Diet
Although yoghurt is an excellent food, being rich in high quality proteins, calcium and other nutrients, eating any food in excess can potentially lead to weight gain if such intakes push your energy intake above your energy expenditure. Yoghurt also does not contain any dietary fibre (this is found in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes), so eating mainly yoghurt could well lead to constipation. I would recommend that you have 3 servings of low-fat yoghurt a day, which is more than adequate to supply your calcium and protein requirements. The introduction of the oat bars can help to combat the constipation, but they may be high in energy (check the label), so it depends how many of these oat bars you are eating per day? You can try eating a balanced, energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) if you need to lose weight.
Moderation is always the key.

1

Dear Yoghurt Diet
Moderation is always the key.